This is a delicious pasta, meat and cheese combination with a homemade dressing. It serves a crowd and is great for a party!
- 1 pound of seashell pasta
- 1/4 pound Genoa salami, chopped
- 1/4 pound of pepperoni sausage, chopped
- 1/2 pound of Asiago cheese, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can of black olives, drained and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain, and cool under cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, salami, pepperoni, Asiago cheese, black olives, red bell pepper, green bell pepper and tomatoes. Stir in the envelope of dressing mix. Cover, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- To prepare the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano, parsley, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Just before serving, pour dressing over the salad, and mix well.
You will absolutely want to keep this recipe as one of your go to’s in a pinch. Enjoy it, and have a Happy Labor Day!